Thursday, January 23, 2014

Looking Forward in 2014

With the New Year comes resolution. The theme I'm noticing with 2014 is Gratitude. I learned the practice of Gratitude in 2013 but it never hurts to continue practising something that you already know; it keeps you in shape, right? :)


As far as resolutions go I was never one to commit to any one thing for too long. Sometimes I get bored with what I'm doing. Sometimes I have a bad day and feel like I can't accomplish anything so why bother trying? I give up. I throw in the towel (and anything else that was close at hand at one point in my life) and feel like I have to start from the very beginning again. But that's not a very rational thought. I have been getting better at keepin' on keeping on but it's been a struggle. If you experience this same cycle check out these tips from Unstuck on reaching your goals.



In 2014 I resolve to Focus. I resolve to focus on what is important to me, what makes me happy, and what I want to achieve. Rah rah! Go me!





Um...wait a second, you. That's great that you are so excited and happy to Focus but there's some work to do here.


What is important to you?
What makes you happy?
What do you want to achieve? 


Maybe I will start there and figure that out first. This is going to be more difficult than I thought...



No comments:

Post a Comment