Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Putting the Puzzle Together

Wouldn't it be neat if we were made of butterflies?
Ever have a day where your head is a mess?  Full of puzzle pieces but you don't have the picture on the box to know what you are trying to put together.  Or maybe all the pieces aren't there.  Or maybe not all the pieces are yours!  Someone else's puzzle got mixed up with yours and you don't know whose is whose.  Take your freakin' pieces back, you jerk!

I had one of those days last Saturday.  But I didn't blog until now.  I sat alone in the dark and eventually napped but woke up crying and couldn't stop.  Thank goodness for a good friend that sits patiently on the other end of the phone while I blubber on about how my boundaries aren't respected by others, and who knows what else was the crisis of the day.  I honestly don't even remember what I was so upset about.  Something affected me deeply enough to make me cry in my sleep and wake up still crying.  I have a friend that always says "The answer is within yourself.  Look within."  Ok...maybe I need to look deeper and my boundary issues.  No, I don't have a problem with boundaries, it's others in my life that do.  So what's my dealio with boundarinos?  Anyone want to help me out on this one?  I'm drawing a blank.  And have been for some time on this one, over and over again.  But it keeps coming up.

As for the other things in my life, I am still waiting.  I am still waiting for the referral to kick in however I did receive acknowledgement that they received it.  They noted I didn't have a family doctor and gave me several avenues to pursue to find one, all of which I was already in the process of doing.  I received word from the nurse practitioners clinic that they are full up but I am on their list. The nurses registry told me there are no family doctors taking new patients.  I have registered with Health Care Connect, after having to de-register myself with my retired doctor, however registering with Health Care Connect does not guarantee that they will find you a doctor nor should you stop looking for a doctor on your own accord.  Yes I have jumped through hoops only to be in the same position I was prior to my acrobatic act.  But at least I'm a little bit more flexible now. :)  A friend/co-worker of mine suggested I try her doctor.  So I called.  She made me.  While I dialed and talked to the receptionist my co-worker sat there watching and listening and waiting with me. :)  What a trooper she is! LOL!  So I filled out the form and faxed it in.  Now I wait for that, too.  What more can I do?  I guess I carry on. :)

In the meantime I've started a new job and after my first day I feel like I belong there.  Small group of immediate co-workers, focussed tasks, flexible schedule if necessary and summers off.  YAHOO!  Winter is not a good time for people in my condition to be off work.  It's hard enough to get out of the cool sheets on a warm day, it's even harder to get out of a cozy warm bed with all the animals cuddled around you in the dead of winter.  No purpose to my winters hasn't been working out.  Now I have a plan.  And it feels good.  I have a plan for work, I have a plan for education, I have a plan for play (that plan is to play it by ear!).

Life is good...today.  Plus it's my birth month so the parties have started!  Maybe my puzzle is slowly working its way together. Maybe I'm riding a euphoric wave.  Whatever it is, it's good right now.  I hope I can handle things with this attitude when things aren't so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment