Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Self-Love

"Pay attention to me!" she screams. I ignore her and go to work, go to yoga, spend time with my friends and, basically, spend time doing anything that doesn't involve her. But she's hurting and needs my attention. The problem is that I don't know how to pay attention to her, how to meet her needs. Do I read to her? Play games with her? Take her for a pedicure? No, those aren't the things she needs. She needs to feel loved, safe, appreciated and cared for. How do I help her feel those things? What do I say? What do I do? I'm confused and don't understand. I'm an intelligent gal but I don't know the answer to this one and it's bothering me. I need to take care of her - she is me - but I'm struggling to come up with a way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment