Tuesday, June 9, 2015

This Story

I want to remember the beginning. And maybe the middle. I don't want to remember the end. But it's all part of the same story and for the story to be whole I have to remember it all. The great moments, the first moments, the shared and proud moments, the not-so-great moments, the moments that hurt, the moments when it felt like everything was falling apart and no one knew what to do.

That is what makes it complete. That is how I gather my strength and, even though I am still grieving, wipe my tears and face another day. It's not the parts of the story that make it good or not-so-good. It's the entire piece, from front to back, start to finish, inside and out, that make you love it no matter what.

It's the entire being, as a whole, that makes you fall in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment