Monday, December 23, 2013

Building Walls of Hope

I have learned that building walls of hope, the kind of walls that are meant to let people in and not keep them out, are just as dangerous as walls to keep people out. The only difference is that walls of hope come crashing down whereas walls of mistrust and defiance have to be chipped away at. So what do I do? How do I have hope and not have it come crashing down on me? How do I build something made of happiness and joy when everything falls down around me at the most inopportune time? I suppose there is no good time for bad things to happen.

I'm struggling with trying to find a balance between being prepared for not-so-good endings and thinking positive about the future. Where is the fine line? How do I find it? How do I keep myself near there? It seems balance is something that is a challenge for me, in all aspects of life. Seeing the big picture is good but the need to focus on the here and now is something that takes practice, focus and diligence. The big picture is just a reminder of where you are heading and it shouldn't exclude where you have been and how much you have accomplished or where you are at this moment in time.

I leave you (and me) with these words: Be present in every moment of every day. Keep the big picture in mind but don't lose focus on the here and now. Remember to keep balance in all areas of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment